Join us, if you dare, for Town Hall-o-ween
Come to our (virtual) annual Town Hall. This year’s festivities will include a cocktail demo from Maxine’s Tap Room, a costume contest, awarding the winner of the Slack Spooky Scavenger Hunt, and discussion of the future of AIGA NWA.
Winners will get a $15 gift card to the local business of their choice.
We want to hear what you think we’ve done right, how we can improve, and your ideas for 2021. Even if you can’t make the event, we still want to hear from you. Fill out our feedback form.
Witch’s Brew Recipe
Credit: Francis Flores at Maxine’s Tap Room
- 1.5 oz elijah craig small batch (or another bourbon that you are into)
- 1 Tbsp Hot cocoa mix (I use Ghirardelli sweet ground powder: chocolate and cocoa)
- 0.5 oz maple syrup
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Small pinch Cayenne
- Small pinch salt
- lapsang souchong tea pouch (I got mine at savoy)
- Whipped cream (canned or home made)
- nutmeg (whole nutmeg is best but ground is still good!)
Tools and Equipment
- Cocktail jigger and/or other volumetric measuring tools. We will be measuring 0.5, 1.5, 4 oz as well as tablespoons.
- Sauce pan and stove or an electric tea kettle to boil water
- Coffee or tea mug
- If using whole nutmeg, a microplane
- If making your own whipped cream, a whisk and a bowl or a stand mixer
You can either buy a can of whipped cream (no judgement) or quickly make your own. If you do make your own here’s what I’d do:
- Combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 tbsp maple syrup, tiny splash vanilla extract (optional)
- Whisk by hand or with mixer until peaks form
- Store in the fridge while you prepare your cocktail. You will have extra, but whipped cream is great on most things.
- Boil water; 2 cups should be plenty. It doesn’t have to be exact
- Pour some hot water in a mug (save at least half a cup) and let stand for 15-20 second
- Empty the heated mug.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the whipped cream and nutmeg, to the mug
- Top with 1/2 cup hot water
- Stir to combine
- Steep for 4 mins then remove the tea bag
- Top with whipped cream and then a light grating or sprinkle of nutmeg
Photo Credit: Tapio Haaja