AIGA encourages the formation of student groups at colleges and universities and is committed to developing these groups as a way of encouraging students to take the first step in demonstrating a commitment to their professional interest and assisting them in understanding the profession. The goal of the student groups is to get the student involved in the local design community, create a community of their own, and help them build leadership skills that will be valuable as they move into the professional world.
Interested in starting a Student Group on your campus? Read more about AIGA Student Groups here.
The Northwest Arkansas AIGA Chapter’s Education Committee:
Professor David Charles Chioffi, Education Director
University of Arkansas School of Art, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Randall A. Wade, Education Chairperson
AIGA NWA Student Group Grant
The AIGA Northwest Arkansas chapter is providing assistance in the form of grants for newly formed student groups each semester during the 2017–2018 academic year. The Education Committee is dedicated to supporting the cultivation of student groups and their programming.
A grant with a maximum award of $375 will be disbursed a single time to all eligible student groups. The institutions available to apply once a student group is formed are: John Brown University; Northwest Arkansas Community College [NWACC]; University of Arkansas, Fayetteville; and University of Arkansas, Fort Smith.
The first application deadline has been extended to November 15, 2017 and the second deadline is February 16, 2018
To be eligible a student group must satisfy all requirements as outlined below:
- Be an official AIGA Student Group, learn more about starting an AIGA Student Group
- Complete the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Student Group Grant Application.
- All submissions must be submitted by the application deadlines:
- Fall 2017: November 15, 2017
- Spring 2018: February 16, 2018
- After review of each application, the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Education Committee will contact the Faculty with its decision.
- Fall 2017: November 30, 2017
- Spring 2018: February 28, 2018
- After the conclusion of the academic year in which the grant was awarded, the student group’s officers must submit a report to the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Education Committee outlining the successes achieved through the grant.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.