AIGA encourages the formation of student groups at colleges and universities and is committed to developing these groups as a way of encouraging students to take the first step in demonstrating a commitment to their professional interest and assisting them in understanding the profession. The goal of the student groups is to get the student involved in the local design community, create a community of their own, and help them build leadership skills that will be valuable as they move into the professional world.
Interested in starting a Student Group on your campus? Read more about AIGA Student Groups here.
The Northwest Arkansas AIGA Chapter’s Education Committee:
Professor David Charles Chioffi, Education Director
University of Arkansas School of Art, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Randall A. Wade, Higher Education Chairperson
Kelsey Jackson, Continuing Education Chairperson
AIGA NWA Student Group Grant
The AIGA Northwest Arkansas chapter is providing assistance in the form of grants for its affiliated student groups each semester during the 2018–2019 academic year. The Education Committee is dedicated to supporting the cultivation of student groups and their programming at the collegiate level.
A grant with a maximum award of up to $375 will presently be disbursed a single time to all eligible student groups. Once a student group is formed, and based on chapter geography, the institutions currently available to apply are: John Brown University; Northwest Arkansas Community College [NWACC]; University of Arkansas, Fayetteville; and University of Arkansas, Fort Smith. Future accredited regional institutions and their student groups may be eligible once officially formed, affiliated with AIGA Northwest Arkansas as their chapter, and recognized by the committee.
The grant application deadline for the Fall 2018 semester is Friday, October 5, 2018; and the Spring 2019 semester deadline is Friday, February 8, 2019.
To be eligible a student group must satisfy all requirements as outlined below:
- Be an official AIGA Student Group, learn more about starting an AIGA Student Group
- The Student Group is affiliated with AIGA Northwest Arkansas as its chapter.
- Complete the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Student Group Grant Application.
- All submissions must be submitted by the application deadlines:
- Fall 2018: October 5, 2018
- Spring 2019: February 8, 2018
- After a review of each application, the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Education Committee will contact the faculty advisor with its decision. In the event a group’s application is not awarded funding, they may apply again during the next application period.
- Fall 2017: November 30, 2017
- Spring 2018: February 28, 2018
- At the conclusion of the academic year in which the grant was awarded, the Student Group’s officers must submit a report to the AIGA Northwest Arkansas Education Committee outlining the successes achieved through the grant.
- In the event the group disbands and the grant has not been utilized, the funds must be returned in full or part to AIGA Northwest Arkansas.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.