Join the Board!
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization looking for people to help shape the role of design in our community. Current, open opportunities are listed here. Apply by clicking the “Apply” link below any open position and complete the form. Those with underrepresented lived experiences are encouraged to apply.
You will be part of a committee/pod coordinating a specific program or initiative. These as needed commitments are good for learning about the board.
Requirements to join a committee/pod
Attend all meetings relevant to your program or initiative
- Under Review 2021 Volunteer
- MentorSense 2021 Volunteer
- Guest Artist/Designer
Have an idea for a program or initiative (we call them pods)? Submit your Pod Proposal
Board of Directors
These positions have the autonomy to share what you’re passionate about with the community. These volunteer positions are 1 year for directors and 2 years for VPs and the President. Click any position name below to learn more about it. Those with underrepresented lived experiences are encouraged to apply.
Requirements to join as the board
- Be an AIGA member at any level (Sustaining level encouraged), if the membership cost whether in part or full would create an undue burden, the chapter will provide one for you
- Attend monthly board meetings on the first Wednesday of every month (online or in person)
- Attend the annual 1-day board retreat the first Saturday of December
- Attend a privilege and/or bias workshop once per term
- Attend 75% of AIGA NWA events
+ Membership Director
+ Communications Director
+ Student Programs Director
+ Portfolio Review Director
+ Recurring Program Director
+ Annual Program Director
+ VP Operations
How to Apply
To apply for any of the above positions, click the application link and complete the form. We will follow up with a phone or Zoom interview. If selected, there will be an additional meeting where applicants will collaborate with their advisor to create their program/initiative proposal.
If you want to learn more about joining the board, come to our next event or contact a current board member via email or in our Slack channel! We are happy to talk with you about any questions you may have.